Saturday, September 29, 2012

Last Supper in Jordan


After shopping in the afternoon Daryl took us to visit Nada in the hospital. She works for MCC Jordan and at the retreat slipped and fell in the bathroom on the last day and broke her hip. While I was in Petra she had her hip joint replaced. 
Daryl and Cindy are getting ready for another MCC meeting at the same Visitation home this weekend and we helped them carry a bunch of things in to their house from the car.


In the early evening Carolyn suggested a walk to Haheem's to pick up some hummos for supper. Beside the restaurant is a housewares shop that sells Iraqi tea sets. I had bought an Iraqi tea set in Irbil, but the security people at the gate confiscated them, saying that I wasn't allowed to bring glass onto the plane. So, when I found some similar tea sets beside Hasheem's I bought them. I also had to buy another duffel bag to put them in, but it was worth it to me.

Cindy took her turn making supper for us. Diana and Rachelle were also there. I neglected to take any pictures though. We had corn chowder soup, salad, fresh buns and for dessert, cherry pie. It was all really delicious. I repacked my bags at their house and at 10:30 pm my driver had arrived. He was supposed to come at 11:00 pm, so he only came to ring the bell at five to. 

I managed to check my two bags to Winnipeg and start the long, long journey home. 24 hours later I arrived in Winnipeg to be greeted by Phyllis and Erik.

No comments:

Post a Comment